Job Site Window Installation of the Rain Jacket Flashing System. Rain jacket flashing system is a revolutionary new window installation technique that utilizes specific components to pre-flash the existing opening without removing the existing cladding when installing fin-less replacement windows.
Our patented installation products and method have been tested at an AAMA certified lab as well as field tested with many different cladding systems and has surpassed all testing guidelines with its ability to resist water and air penetration.
Benefits of the Rain jacket Flashing System
• Passes ASTM 1105 – E / AAMA 502 – 11 field water penetration resistance testing as outlined in Washington state’s RCW 64.55.050
• Passes AAMA pressure tests equal to 120 MPH wind pushing 8″ of rain per hour in lab testing
• Complies with IRC R703.8 Flashing for windows and doors
• Does not rely on an exterior caulking bead to prohibit water penetration
• Can be integrated to an existing serviceable building envelope
• The window installation may help existing water penetration problems behind the building paper by diverting water at the head flashing
• The building owner can approach the remediation project sequentially rather than all at once, reducing upfront costs, allowing for later installation of siding. Existing replacement window installations will not pass pressure tests without the cladding and building paper being replaced
• A true air and water tight window installation will maximize the efficiency of the new replacement windows
• Can virtually eliminate callbacks from water or air penetration
• No exterior trim is needed, allowing for maximum flexibility (or customer preference in exterior design)
• This is the only installation for brick buildings that will pass pressure testing!
Contact Us: 866-922-1086 www.rainjacketflashings.com