Like any other kind of service, onsite computer support has advantages, as well as disadvantages.
Advantages of Onsite Computer Support
- When your computer breaks down, you would want to get it back to normal as fast as possible. If you bring it to the shop, it may take several days to fix the problem. An onsite computer support provider can immediately have an IT technician to visit your home or office as soon as you put in your call.
- It is more convenient than bringing your computer to the repair shop.
- Onsite computer support providers have teams of IT specialists who are well trained to fix any computer problem or IT issue.
- It gives you an opportunity to learn by observing how these IT professionals do their work. You will learn to fix simple and common computer problems in the future.
- Onsite computer support providers will provide you with IT specialists who has advanced diagnostic tools that is not available to all IT professionals.
Disadvantages of Onsite Computer Support
- When you are outsourcing your computer support to an onsite computer support provider, the supplier may not be following the mission and vision of your business. They work to earn profits for their own business.
- You have to sign a contract with the computer support provider and the terms and conditions will be written by the provider. You may have to pay some legal charges.
- Security of your company data and information might be placed at risk. You have to make sure the computer support provider is credible, expert and respects confidentiality of any data or information in the computer.
- The safety and security of your home and family may be placed at risk. You are inviting a stranger inside your home. You must be extra careful that the provider of computer support can vouch for the integrity of their technicians.