What is Phone Support?
Phone Support is a situation where encounter a problem with your computer and you call the number of a phone support service. It is like a help desk where you can ask assistance to fix your problem. The person taking you call will be an IT technician or specialist. He or she will be asking you questions about your problem so that your problem can be diagnosed and proper solution can be applied. You are going to fix it yourself under his guidance and instructions.
Phone support services has a team of IT specialist who are trained to fix computer problems. They are also trained how to give correct and proper instructions so that clients will fully understand what they are going to do. However, if the problem is a major one, such as crushed hard disk, you will be advised to see assistance from an onsite support service.
Why Do We Need a Phone Support Service?
- Most people using computers have little knowledge about fixing computer problems.
- Phone Support Services are the most convenient and accessible computer support. You just pick up your phone and your problem is fixed.
- They can help you fix your problem even when you are many miles away.
- You can call them anytime of the night or day.
- It is affordable compared to other support services.
How Are You Charged for Phone Support Service?
- Most computer phone support services have plans for one month to six months coverage. Each plan provides several services such as maintenance, poor optimization and slow-running and protection from viruses and spywares. The plan depends upon the number of computer you want to cover. The plan is paid monthly whether you use it or not.
- There are also one-time support services. You pay only every time you call for assistance.